Wealth Management Services
Prairie Capital provides a broad range of wealth management services to its clients, including investment management, investment manager due diligence and selection, financial planning, and other ancillary services.
Prairie Capital’s team of Managing Directors provides customized wealth management services tailored to the specific needs of each client. We spend a significant amount of time understanding each client’s unique investment objectives and financial goals. The firm’s investment process includes the following steps:
Evaluate the client’s specific financial goals and objectives
Develop initial asset allocation
Select appropriate third-party investment managers/vehicles
Provide continuous monitoring of strategy, allocation and managers
Implement strategic and tactical changes to the portfolio
Provide periodic portfolio reviews (typically quarterly)
Prairie Capital employs a multi-disciplined team approach when performing asset class and investment manager due diligence. The Investment Committee (comprised of the firm’s Managing Directors) leads these due diligence efforts in coordination with our Research Team. Prairie Capital will evaluate client-directed investment opportunities upon request.
Open Architecture Structure
- An open architecture platform allows Prairie Capital to search a wide spectrum of asset classes in the investment universe to present a broad range of investment options to each client, rather than a limited list of approved investments.
- Our goal is to find the highest quality third-party managers and vehicles in their respective asset classes, and to objectively analyze, evaluate and monitor these managers over time.
Traditional & Alternative Investments
- Prairie Capital offers its clients both traditional and alternative investments.
- Traditional investments include actively and passively managed fixed income and equity strategies, typically using separate accounts managed by third-party portfolio managers, mutual funds or exchange-traded funds.
- Alternative investments include private equity funds (venture, buyout, growth, distressed debt), private equity co-investments, hedge funds (long/short equity, multi-strategy, opportunistic credit), and other alternative asset classes such as master limited partnerships and real estate.
- Through years of building professional relationships, Prairie Capital has developed access to many premier global investment managers.
- Many of these managers are closed or have limited capacity for new outside investors.
While many advisors focus on selecting individual investments for a portfolio, we have found relatively little time is spent on high level asset allocation and long-term financial planning. Prairie Capital provides numerous services to help clients understand, quantify, and achieve their long-term financial goals. These services could include:
Short-term and long-term financial planning, scenario analysis, and risk management to ensure financial goals are understood, quantified, and achieved
Liquidity and investment planning around major life events, including sale or purchase of a business, retirement, funding college, or other large purchases
Tax planning and analysis in coordination with the client’s accountant
Design and implementation of long-term planning strategies in coordination with other professional service providers, including estate planning attorneys
Analyze and review of executive compensation or other closely held business planning issues
Generational wealth management planning, industry seminars, meetings, and other educational services provided to younger generations
Evaluation and analysis of philanthropic opportunities and other long-term gifting strategies
A comprehensive investment advisory relationship extends beyond wealth management, investment selection, and financial planning. Prairie Capital provides a number of additional, value-add services including:
Back office and administrative support, including coordination with custodians, assistance with money movements, portfolio allocation implementation, and customized reporting and analysis
Tax and audit support, and coordination with accountants
Evaluating client-directed investment opportunities (typically niche private equity opportunities)
Assisting in sourcing, evaluating, and selecting various financing alternatives for certain events (home purchases, business investment, etc.)
Educational services on a variety of investment management topics for clients, family members, board members, etc.
Management of family foundations, donor-advised funds, or other charitable entities
Coordinating gifting of securities directly to charitable organizations